New Zealand Kindergartens Incorporated Website
New Zealand Kindergartens Incorporated Te Putahi Kura Puhou o Aotearoa (NZK) is the national umbrella group representing twenty nine of the thirty three regional kindergarten associations throughout New Zealand. We are not-for-profit incorporated society and registered with the Charities Commission.
- Every child has the right to participate in high quality early childhood education.
- Kindergartens are seen as centres of excellence and innovation for early childhood education.
- Our goals are best achieved through collaborative relationships at all levels.
- Kindergarten is responsive to the cultural and language aspirations of families.
The national office is based in Wellington – Level 1, 32 the Terrace. The organisation is governed by a board and managed by Chief Executive Clare Wells. Current board members are: Frank Bourgeois, Tauranga – President, Kelly Ellis, New Plymouth – Association manager, Anne Masterton, Wellington – ECE professional, Claire Brown, Wellington, Lesley Moffat, Wellington, Jan Forsyth, Christchurch, Gigi Hollyer, Queenstown. The board sets the strategic direction and goals of the organisation.
NZK strategic goals
- Growth and diversity
- Provide the environment to enable our member associations to increase the participation of children and whanau in early childhood education.
- Organisational robustness
- Model effective and efficient business and governance practices.
- Promote and support continuous quality improvement.
- Community/collaborative relationships
- Initiate and develop relationships that are beneficial to our purpose and vision.
|New Zealand Kindergartens Incorporated|
|PO Box 3058|